The aims of the Club Health Committee are:
- To offer advice and information on health related matters to members seeking help
- To promote and encourage the use of health schemes among members and to participate in research studies concerning the breed
- To monitor health problems occurring within the breed and liase with the three other UK breed clubs so that concerns about the prevalence of any particular problem can be raised at an early stage, ensuring shared strategy for action.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times with regard to information received or advice sought. No names will be used in sharing information with other clubs
- To disseminate information on health related matters to club members via the newsletter or this website
- To liaise with breed clubs and the Kennel Club
- To be the initial contact for anyone wanting some information or advice on a health related problem, and to obtain further advice for them as necessary.
The committee can be contacted by email to Health Committee Coordinator
, and its members are:
Rachael Frayne (nee Wallis). BVSc MRCVS
The Health Committee is here to help in any way it can, with the aim being improvement in the quality of life in the Flatcoated Retriever. If we don't talk about problems, we can't do anything to address them and the dog is the loser so it's up to every one of us.
Club AGM Heath Report 2017 <Available Here>